Site, web accounts blocked, says Cockroach Janta Party founder | India News
New Delhi: The Telapoka Janata Party (CJP), the online satirical movement, on Saturday claimed another blow when founder Abhijit Deepke said the organisation’s official website had been taken down by the Centre, days after its main X handle in India was blocked following legal claims.However, there was no statement from the Center till the writing of this report and a counter-narrative trending on social media was that Deepak was playing the “victim card” by removing his own website. Deepkey did not respond to messages and DMs.Deepke alleged that the website was pulled after the movement gained rapid traction among young users online and amid a petition drive over the NEET-UG paper leak. “The government has taken down our iconic website,” he wrote, adding that “10 lakh cockroaches” had registered and “6 lakh cockroaches” had signed a petition calling for the resignation of Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan. In a second post, Deepak sharpened his attack on the Centre, asking, “Why is the government so afraid of cockroaches?” He added that the episode described India’s youth as “tyrannical behaviour”.In another X post, he said the party’s Instagram page, his personal Instagram account and a backup X handle were also hit. “You can hack and block accounts but you can’t hack this movement,” Dipke wrote, stressing that the campaign will continue online.According to sources, X’s original CJP handle was withheld in India after the Ministry of Electronics and IT acted under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act on Intelligence Bureau inputs citing sovereignty and national security concerns. No official confirmation has been made by X or the Ministry of Home Affairs and IT.X’s own policy states that an “account hold” notice reflects action taken in response to a valid legal claim or local law. The team soon introduced a handle, the cockroach returned, after the ban.The viral, meme-driven movement emerged after a controversy over comments attributed to Chief Justice of India Surya Kant, which sparked outrage online before he clarified that his comments were aimed at “people using bogus and bogus degrees,” not unemployed youth. On Saturday, BJP’s Rajeev Chandrasekhar alleged that the CJP trend was part of a cross-border “influence operation”, a charge denied by the DeepK.