Evening news wrap: US state secretary Marco Rubio holds talks with PM Modi; Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases & more | India News


Evening news roundup: US Secretary of State Marco Rubio holds talks with PM Modi; Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases and more
  • US Secretary of State Marco Rubio India and the US met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi as they pushed to deepen cooperation on defense, trade and commerce. Indo-Pacific.
  • Police have confirmed seven-day remand for Samarth Singh in the Tisha Sharma death case as investigators intensify their investigation into allegations of dowry harassment and mental torture.
  • Uganda has confirmed three new Ebola cases amid World Health Organization warnings about the spread of the rare Bundibugyo strain.
  • Security forces launched a joint operation in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri after establishing contact with suspected terrorists in Gambhir Mughlan area.
  • Founder Abhijit Deepke claimed the Telapoka Janata Party website had been taken down, fueling youth discontent and an online debate linked to the NEET-UG row.

Here are the top 5 news stories of the day

Rubio-Modi talks focused on Indo-Pacific, trade and defense ties

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio held talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Saturday as the two countries sought to strengthen strategic cooperation across defense, trade, technology and regional security. Rubio’s visit, which also includes meetings with quad ministers, comes amid growing Indo-US engagement in the Indo-Pacific and expanding discussions on energy and critical technologies. Read the full story

Samarth Singh sent to seven-day police remand in Tisha Sharma death case

Police on Saturday confirmed the seven-day remand of Samarth Singh, the main accused in the death case of his wife Tisha Sharma, after he was produced in a court in Bhopal after his arrest in Jabalpur. Investigators said the accused was not cooperating with the investigation, while the authorities threatened action against him if he was harbored while he was on the run. Read the full story

Uganda has confirmed three new Ebola cases as outbreak concerns grow

Uganda has confirmed three new Ebola infections, bringing the total number of cases in the current outbreak to five, as authorities step up efforts to trace contacts and contain the spread of the Bundibugyo strain. The World Health Organization has warned that the outbreak poses a high regional risk, particularly due to the absence of a vaccine for strains involving the Democratic Republic of Congo and continued cross-border movement. Read the full story

A joint anti-terror operation is underway in Rajouri following contact with the suspects

The Army said contact was made with the suspected terrorists in Rajouri’s Gambhir Mughlan area during a joint operation involving the Army, Jammu and Kashmir Police and CRPF. Acting on intelligence, security forces launched a cordon-and-search operation, while additional reinforcements were deployed as the encounter continued. Read the full story

The Telapoka Janata Party founder claimed that the website was taken down amid an online row

Abhijit Deepke on Saturday claimed that the Telapoka Janata Party website had been taken down, accusing the BJP-led Center of “tyrannical behaviour”. The meme-driven online movement, which gained traction among younger users amid outrage over the alleged NEET-UG paper leak, has positioned itself as a platform for satire, criticism and digital activism. Read the full story



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *