Vikram Bhatt Bail Supreme Court
Bollywood director Vikram Bhatt and his wife Shwetambari Bhatt have got relief from the Supreme Court in the case of fraud of Rs 30 crore in the name of making a film. The Supreme Court granted regular bail to both of them on Thursday.
.
Vikram Bhatt is likely to come out of Udaipur jail by this evening. Earlier on February 13, Shwetambari Bhatt was granted interim bail. She has come out of jail. Vikram Bhatt was arrested on 7 December 2025.
Court’s suggestion- resolve the matter through mutual agreement
During the hearing, the Supreme Court has also given an important suggestion. The court has asked both the parties to go to the mediation cell. The court believes that both the parties should be present there and try to resolve the matter through mutual agreement.

Vikram Bhatt’s wife Shwetambari had got interim bail on February 13 itself, after which she has come out of jail.
The court said- this is a commercial dispute
Vikram Bhatt’s lawyer Kamlesh Dave presented his argument in the court. During the hearing, the court remarked that this is a kind of commercial dispute.
The court also made it clear that it should not be unnecessarily forced to transfer the case to Mumbai court.
The judge argued that most of the vendors and people associated with this film and project are residents of Mumbai. In such a situation, understanding the legal nuances of the case, the court accepted the bail application.
Udaipur Police had arrested and brought him from Mumbai.
On December 7, a 6-member team of Udaipur DSP Chhagan Rajpurohit reached Mumbai and arrested Vikram Bhatt and his wife from their flat in Ganga Bhawan Complex in Juhu.
Here Bhatt’s security guards also stopped the police. The security guards had told the police that the gentleman and his wife were not at home. However, the police knew the truth and both were arrested.

This photo is from 7th December. When a 6-member team of Udaipur DSP Chhagan Rajpurohit reached Mumbai and arrested Vikram Bhatt and his wife.
Took money in the name of making biopic of businessman’s wife
On November 17, Dr. Ajay Murdia, owner of Indira Group of Companies of Rajasthan, had filed an FIR of fraud of Rs 30 crore against 8 people including Vikram Bhatt in Udaipur.
Dr. Ajay Murdia alleges that he met Dinesh Kataria at an event. Dinesh Kataria proposed him to make his wife’s biopic.
In this connection, Dinesh Kataria had called Vrindavan Studio in Mumbai on 24 April 2024. Kataria introduced him to Vikram Bhatt, where there was discussion about making a biopic with Bhatt.
A few days later, Vikram and Shwetambari Bhatt told Dr. Ajay Murdia that by financing another Rs 7 crore, they can make 4 films for Rs 47 crore. The release of these films will generate profits of Rs 100 to 200 crores.
After this, Rs 77 lakh 86 thousand 979 were transferred to the accounts of his staff in the names of Amandeep Manjeet Singh, Mudit, Farzana Aamir Ali, Abjani, Rahul Kumar, Sachin Gargote, Saboba Bhimana Adkari.
In this way Rs 2 crore 45 lakh 61 thousand 400 were transferred. Whereas a payment of Rs 42 crore 70 lakh 82 thousand 232 was made from Indira Entertainment, whereas it was decided to produce four films for Rs 47 crore.

The matter was raised in the assembly also
This matter has been under discussion for a long time. Its echo was also heard in the Rajasthan Assembly. Chhabra MLA Pratap Singh Singhvi had recently raised this issue loudly in the House.

…… Also read this news related to Vikram Bhatt… No relief for director Vikram Bhatt, wife will be released from jail: Next hearing in Supreme Court on 18th; 30 crore fraud for making a film

The Supreme Court on Friday granted interim bail to Bollywood director Vikram Bhatt’s wife Shwetambhari Bhatt in the Rs 30 crore fraud case in the name of making a film. (Read the full news)