‘आदेश था 72 का और गिरा दिए 240 चैंबर…’, लखनऊ में वकीलों पर लाठीचार्ज और बुलडोजर एक्शन की पूरी कहानी – Lucknow bulldozer action High Court order chamber demolition 72 but demolished 240 police advocate nagar nigam lathi charge story lcly
In Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, a bulldozer running on illegal chambers of lawyers has become a big controversy on Sunday. During the administration action, heavy police force was deployed and lathicharge was also done on the protesting lawyers. After this incident, there has been huge resentment among the bar association and advocates. Lawyers have warned of a major movement, calling it “suppression of democratic rights”. In such a situation, let us know the story of this entire controversy…
In fact, the High Court had given instructions to remove some illegal chambers. After which a large number of police forces arrived along with the Municipal Corporation team and the process of demolishing the chamber started. However, during this time the lawyers also protested. After which the police also lathicharged. Lawyers allege that the High Court had ordered the removal of only 72 chambers, but under the guise of the order the administration took action on about 240 chambers. He says that among the chambers which were identified, the chambers of many lawyers were not included, despite this they too were demolished.
The place where the work had been sitting for 30 years was demolished.
The health of many lawyers also deteriorated during the bulldozing operation. Some advocates kept protesting by sitting on the ground while some argued with the administrative officials demanding to stop the action. Heavy police force was deployed on the spot and the entire area was converted into a cantonment. Lawyers say that they have been sitting there practicing for the last 30 years and suddenly such action is a direct attack on their employment.
The advocates accused the administration of arbitrariness and said that if they were being removed from there, then alternative arrangements should have been made for them first. The protesting lawyers have warned that if the administration does not stop the action and does not find a proper solution, then a big movement will be organized across the state. The administration says that action is being taken to remove encroachment in compliance with the order of the High Court.
DCP’s statement on the controversy
DCP West Kamlesh Dixit’s statement has also come in the matter. He says that notice has been given to everyone. Action is being taken on the orders of the court. There is opposition in such things. We are ready for such action. Law is equal for all.
—- End —-